About this Blog

~Hi, my name is Courtney. I was a full time college student, starting to be a dancer, and used to work with kids part time, living on my own until my illness disabled me.
~I became sick in 2005. I created this blog in the summer of 2006 to record my "headache" diary and to see if anyone finds it interesting.
~12/2006 I lost my job then after, failed a year of college.
~2/2007 Dx Lyme Disease with Bartonella: prescribed 8 months of oral antibiotics. I'm not even sure if I ever had the Lyme Disease.
~11/2007 The doctor took me off medicines while I was still improving but not fully recovered.
~6/2008 Dx Chiari I Malformation by a neurosurgeon in Beverly Hills.
~8/2008 Decompression and Lamenectomy helped 80% of my problems.
~2/2009 Dx Hypermobility by an Orthopedic Surgeon/School Doc: Started PT, dancing, going to school and working.
~6/2009 Started working full time as an Infant-Toddler teacher, which requires lifting. Dancing part time, maybe I'll finish school eventually...lol
~12/2009 Dx Chronic Sinusitis: Stopped dancing due to constant infections.
~2/2010 Sinus Surgery & complication: Severe Epistaxis: Became severely anemic.
~3/2010: Dx Ehlers Danlos Syndrome: by Geneticist
~4/2011: Switched jobs, now work at a Pre-K teacher for 3 and 4 year olds. Less lifting!
~5/2011: Started PT and exercising again

Sunday, June 03, 2007

tired / abdominal pain

im so tired.
getting too much sleep now.
i took an epsom salt bath yesterday and felt so bad after. i also took some vitamin c on top of the other stuff i take. i was able to go to the mall with stephanie later in the evening but i still felt like crap there. i was feeling better while driving home but despite taking one benadryl i couldnt fall asleep till 2am. i woke up 5 hrs later to tremendous abdominal pain and went in the living roomwhere i put my heat pack on my stomach. i fell asleep and woke up at 1:15pm. i'm still tired. i stand up and i get dizzy.

1 comment:

Tamara Gebhardt said...

Hey Courtney!

It's Tamara from my lyme blog site. I'm so sorry it has taken me so long to write you back - as you know it can be so difficult to keep up with everything and do treatments. I always do get to my emails though - just a bit slow! :)

Thank you for sharing your blog with me. I was close to your age when I also started having symptoms of lyme. I was 23 at the time. I know exactly what you are going through. Hang in there and never stop fighting for yourself. Doctors will tell you it is not lyme disease, but after reading your blog and seeing your symptoms, I am sure you have lyme disease. Did you do the Igenex test?

I live in Portland. I am doing virually every treatment under the sun (alternative - never did or believed in antibiotics) I a now beginning to feel fantastic and back to my normal self. I am able to do my work again and beginning to look outward. I want to encourage you to keep on working towards your health and that you can and will get better.

Pretty soon I will ahve a web site up with a database of health information and list of what I have done to recover. What types of treatments are you currently doing?

I do many supplements, work with a neuro-chiropractor back east, a great LLND in Washington near Seattle, and in addition do acupuncture, NMT, laser therapy, and many other treatments. I am at the last stages of IV chelation and the chelation has made a huge huge difference.

Hope to talk with you and hear how you are doing. Take care.

Tamara
ps...do you have an email I could use to email you directly? Thanks...

Site Meter