About this Blog

~Hi, my name is Courtney. I was a full time college student, starting to be a dancer, and used to work with kids part time, living on my own until my illness disabled me.
~I became sick in 2005. I created this blog in the summer of 2006 to record my "headache" diary and to see if anyone finds it interesting.
~12/2006 I lost my job then after, failed a year of college.
~2/2007 Dx Lyme Disease with Bartonella: prescribed 8 months of oral antibiotics. I'm not even sure if I ever had the Lyme Disease.
~11/2007 The doctor took me off medicines while I was still improving but not fully recovered.
~6/2008 Dx Chiari I Malformation by a neurosurgeon in Beverly Hills.
~8/2008 Decompression and Lamenectomy helped 80% of my problems.
~2/2009 Dx Hypermobility by an Orthopedic Surgeon/School Doc: Started PT, dancing, going to school and working.
~6/2009 Started working full time as an Infant-Toddler teacher, which requires lifting. Dancing part time, maybe I'll finish school eventually...lol
~12/2009 Dx Chronic Sinusitis: Stopped dancing due to constant infections.
~2/2010 Sinus Surgery & complication: Severe Epistaxis: Became severely anemic.
~3/2010: Dx Ehlers Danlos Syndrome: by Geneticist
~4/2011: Switched jobs, now work at a Pre-K teacher for 3 and 4 year olds. Less lifting!
~5/2011: Started PT and exercising again

Saturday, June 16, 2007

forgetfulness/chiropractor/reflux

i'm having a hard time figuring out like what day it is and if i did something that day or not. Like i had no idea i wrote a blog already for "yesterday". which is really today cuz i havnet gone to sleep yet. so i guess thats a symptom. like today i went to the chiropractor and i looked at my phone to see the date. June 15 then i had to use my hands to figure out what number june is. then like a minute and a half later i had to sign one more thing and i asked what date it was again.

so the visit went well. i'm not supposed to say anything but...my insurance will pay only 25 dollars a visit for 12 visits in a year. so the chiropractor is letting that be my payment and then i asked him later what happens if i have to come more than 12 visits and he said i could just pay the 25 like my insurance. yay! score! and hes so much closer than my old chiropractor. so yeah and he does like this wobble chair thing and this vibrating thing that goes on your back and this big clicky contraption and a few adjustments. wow. my back pain was alot better after that. bearable. and he told me about toxins and such and how my back was inflamed just like my stomach and stuff cuz of my ibs and reflux problems.

so new symptom: i feel like theres a chip stuck in my upper esophagus, i looked it up and its like acid reflux but in your esophagus. laryngopharyngeal reflux. i dunno.

No comments:

Site Meter