About this Blog

~Hi, my name is Courtney. I was a full time college student, starting to be a dancer, and used to work with kids part time, living on my own until my illness disabled me.
~I became sick in 2005. I created this blog in the summer of 2006 to record my "headache" diary and to see if anyone finds it interesting.
~12/2006 I lost my job then after, failed a year of college.
~2/2007 Dx Lyme Disease with Bartonella: prescribed 8 months of oral antibiotics. I'm not even sure if I ever had the Lyme Disease.
~11/2007 The doctor took me off medicines while I was still improving but not fully recovered.
~6/2008 Dx Chiari I Malformation by a neurosurgeon in Beverly Hills.
~8/2008 Decompression and Lamenectomy helped 80% of my problems.
~2/2009 Dx Hypermobility by an Orthopedic Surgeon/School Doc: Started PT, dancing, going to school and working.
~6/2009 Started working full time as an Infant-Toddler teacher, which requires lifting. Dancing part time, maybe I'll finish school eventually...lol
~12/2009 Dx Chronic Sinusitis: Stopped dancing due to constant infections.
~2/2010 Sinus Surgery & complication: Severe Epistaxis: Became severely anemic.
~3/2010: Dx Ehlers Danlos Syndrome: by Geneticist
~4/2011: Switched jobs, now work at a Pre-K teacher for 3 and 4 year olds. Less lifting!
~5/2011: Started PT and exercising again

Tuesday, September 23, 2008

update physical therapy

I forgot to mention in my pros and cons post that I used to gag alot and feel like i was going to throw up. not anymore :-)

physical therapy is going well. About 4 more weeks. The therapist said in a few weeks I can go swimming at the Y again. yay!

I saw the doctor at school yesterday. I told him about my hypermobility and he took me seriously! He was actually shocked that the doctors didn't pick up on my chiari right away. Well he used to be an orthopedic surgeon. He said this is something I have to live with and that surgery and physical therapy doesn't really help. But he will add the physical therapy to my prescription for my joints. He said I wasnt too bad. My elbows wrists and fingers along with my shoulders are the bad areas. But my knees and ankles are pretty good. But I do have flat feet. I asked him what to do about it and he said that he has flat feet too and you have to learn tricks to walk properly and avoid the pain. Pretty much what I am doing already. So, yay.

I guess that was a confirmation of diagnosis right?

I took my tramadol the other night and had a rebound yesterday. I was in alot of pain. I felt nauseous all day and sick. So no more tramadol.

No comments:

Site Meter