About this Blog

~Hi, my name is Courtney. I was a full time college student, starting to be a dancer, and used to work with kids part time, living on my own until my illness disabled me.
~I became sick in 2005. I created this blog in the summer of 2006 to record my "headache" diary and to see if anyone finds it interesting.
~12/2006 I lost my job then after, failed a year of college.
~2/2007 Dx Lyme Disease with Bartonella: prescribed 8 months of oral antibiotics. I'm not even sure if I ever had the Lyme Disease.
~11/2007 The doctor took me off medicines while I was still improving but not fully recovered.
~6/2008 Dx Chiari I Malformation by a neurosurgeon in Beverly Hills.
~8/2008 Decompression and Lamenectomy helped 80% of my problems.
~2/2009 Dx Hypermobility by an Orthopedic Surgeon/School Doc: Started PT, dancing, going to school and working.
~6/2009 Started working full time as an Infant-Toddler teacher, which requires lifting. Dancing part time, maybe I'll finish school eventually...lol
~12/2009 Dx Chronic Sinusitis: Stopped dancing due to constant infections.
~2/2010 Sinus Surgery & complication: Severe Epistaxis: Became severely anemic.
~3/2010: Dx Ehlers Danlos Syndrome: by Geneticist
~4/2011: Switched jobs, now work at a Pre-K teacher for 3 and 4 year olds. Less lifting!
~5/2011: Started PT and exercising again

Sunday, September 21, 2008

sleeping well

So I havent had that "disappointed" feeling at night for a while now. Ive been sleeping well. Waking up refreshed. My joint pain is pretty bad but today I bought two ankle supports and it works so well. my knees dont hurt bad like before when i dont have them on. I can walk longer with them on. I will get wrist supports soon because i notice how painful they are. Hopefully I can fully function with these things and I can exercise to a point where my muscles hold up my joints. I have more motivation to exercise now. And my biggest goal is to dance and I think with all my limitations I will be a very graceful dancer out of necessity.

Ive been noticing more and more how I put pressure on my joints on a day to day basis. Like holding up a book or my laptop or going up stairs or even resting or driving a car. So I'm trying to relieve the pressure as best as I can.

I plan to get massages at my school. They are cheap. I want to get them maybe once a week now that Im not going to therapy. :-) And hopefully that will help with the muscle tension because I know my muscles work overtime holding up my joints.

As long as I can manage my pain and I can do basic things and I can exercise I know that I will have a happy and fulfilling life. And that is honest to God my main prayer. Out of the depths of my soul I cry for this. To be happy and fulfilled. And the tug at my heart says I don't deserve it but I know thats the addicted personality that stems from my chaotic family.

I'm taking Abnormal Psychology this semester and I am feeling so normal. Contrary to what I've always believed about myself deep down. My mom has a tendency to look for the unnormal in others.She did it to me and to my cousin, and now to my little sister. People may have a tendency to one kind of problem but it doesn't mean they have that problem. They should call it Mental Health more often than Mental Illness because everyone needs to be aware of their health. Just like I can have a tendency towards Diabetes because my aunt and my grandma both have it but it doesn't mean that I suffer with it.

No comments:

Site Meter