About this Blog

~Hi, my name is Courtney. I was a full time college student, starting to be a dancer, and used to work with kids part time, living on my own until my illness disabled me.
~I became sick in 2005. I created this blog in the summer of 2006 to record my "headache" diary and to see if anyone finds it interesting.
~12/2006 I lost my job then after, failed a year of college.
~2/2007 Dx Lyme Disease with Bartonella: prescribed 8 months of oral antibiotics. I'm not even sure if I ever had the Lyme Disease.
~11/2007 The doctor took me off medicines while I was still improving but not fully recovered.
~6/2008 Dx Chiari I Malformation by a neurosurgeon in Beverly Hills.
~8/2008 Decompression and Lamenectomy helped 80% of my problems.
~2/2009 Dx Hypermobility by an Orthopedic Surgeon/School Doc: Started PT, dancing, going to school and working.
~6/2009 Started working full time as an Infant-Toddler teacher, which requires lifting. Dancing part time, maybe I'll finish school eventually...lol
~12/2009 Dx Chronic Sinusitis: Stopped dancing due to constant infections.
~2/2010 Sinus Surgery & complication: Severe Epistaxis: Became severely anemic.
~3/2010: Dx Ehlers Danlos Syndrome: by Geneticist
~4/2011: Switched jobs, now work at a Pre-K teacher for 3 and 4 year olds. Less lifting!
~5/2011: Started PT and exercising again

Tuesday, April 01, 2008

instant antibacterial hand cream

do you think this is a good idea? i've stayed away from it mostly because i dont want to get a superbug but i'm thinking to try it out for a while cuz i might start working with kids again.

who uses it and who doesnt and why? does it help? if you dont use it what else do you do?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have the Bath and Bodyworks Antibacterial handcreams. Usually the Lime and Verbena or the Lemon and Basil. Love em.. Just sometimes they are a little too light for my dry skin.

Anonymous said...

The alcohol-based hand sanitizers are fine to use when you can't wash you hands. Just be sure whatever product you use has at least 60% alcohol in them; less than 60% isn't effective. They don't cause antibiotic resistance like so many of the other products with Triclosan, etc. do. They just kill the bacteria on your skin.

I use the Bath and Body works products as well (various scents depending on what's on sale), but only the alcohol based ones (read labels, the wipes and lotions have a different product that has been associated with creating antibiotic resistant bacteria. There are also moisturizing versions out there which are great; less drying and just as effective at killing bacteria. You can also find large bottles and just refill the smaller containers to keep in your purse or car.

Just don't use them on small kids; apparently their little bodies can't handle the alcohol and the little kiddies can actually get alcohol poisoning from too much of the santizers.

Good luck!
Ruth

Anonymous said...

we keep Purell Hand Sanitizer near the computer.

We wipe our cell phones down occasionally wi/Lysol Antibacterial all purpose wipes.

This past year, I've had 7 people here under one small roof, so I'm a germ-fanatic when I see my kids ( teens & early 20's ) and all their germy friends~

No, I'm not obsessive......I just don't want to get more sick than I already am, and my spoons are so low, that I feel like my Ft. Knox of spoons is shrinking....so I can't take care of my kids when they get sick/if they get sick......

I change the hand towels in our bathroom/kitchen at least once a day.....

I guess it's not considered aberrant or stupid to worry about yourself and others around you keeping healthy, when you're already being in a compromised health situation.

Site Meter