About this Blog

~Hi, my name is Courtney. I was a full time college student, starting to be a dancer, and used to work with kids part time, living on my own until my illness disabled me.
~I became sick in 2005. I created this blog in the summer of 2006 to record my "headache" diary and to see if anyone finds it interesting.
~12/2006 I lost my job then after, failed a year of college.
~2/2007 Dx Lyme Disease with Bartonella: prescribed 8 months of oral antibiotics. I'm not even sure if I ever had the Lyme Disease.
~11/2007 The doctor took me off medicines while I was still improving but not fully recovered.
~6/2008 Dx Chiari I Malformation by a neurosurgeon in Beverly Hills.
~8/2008 Decompression and Lamenectomy helped 80% of my problems.
~2/2009 Dx Hypermobility by an Orthopedic Surgeon/School Doc: Started PT, dancing, going to school and working.
~6/2009 Started working full time as an Infant-Toddler teacher, which requires lifting. Dancing part time, maybe I'll finish school eventually...lol
~12/2009 Dx Chronic Sinusitis: Stopped dancing due to constant infections.
~2/2010 Sinus Surgery & complication: Severe Epistaxis: Became severely anemic.
~3/2010: Dx Ehlers Danlos Syndrome: by Geneticist
~4/2011: Switched jobs, now work at a Pre-K teacher for 3 and 4 year olds. Less lifting!
~5/2011: Started PT and exercising again

Thursday, October 26, 2006

Symptoms of Hypothyroidism

The Following quote is from ANSWERS.COM
"For some people, even if the TSH level is normal, or even in some bases, low normal, there may still be a situation where one is functionally hypothyroid, due to the body's inability to move convert circulating T4 thyroid hormone into the active T3 hormone at the cellular level, inadequate T3 hormone levels in general, or other factors. Inability to properly convert T4 to T3 can also result in fluctuating TSH, as the system struggles to keep balancing an out of whack T4 and T3 level, sending TSH levels up and down to compensate. For these patients, supplemental T3 may help them to feel well."

And the more I research the more I find out. this info i got from mayoclinic.com: Well, low TSH level can come from hypopituitarism in the pituitary gland. It can affect one or some of the hormones it secretes. And it can also be treated by several medications. one medication is Prednisone which I did take over the summer and felt soo much better. I tried to get my doctor to give me more but he wouldnt because its not good to stay on it. I still want an MRI because it can image the neck and spine in more detail, sometimes hypopituitarism can be caused by a tumor in the pituitary gland.

"Hypothyroidism due to low pituitary function: TSH-->Low T4-->Low T3-->Low(but to the right of T4) Temperature Pattern-->Low and very stable Commentary-->Looks just like primary hypothyroidism but TSH is low. We know there is demand because of high conversion of T4 to T3 but the TSH doesn’t rise to help T4 production." ~http://www.drrind.com/thyroidscalematrix.asp

Slowed speech and a hoarse, breaking voice. Deepening of the voice can also be noticed.
Impaired memory
**Impaired cognitive function (brain fog)
Urticaria (hives)
**Migraine headache
**Increased sensitivity to heat and cold
A slow heart rate with ECG changes including low voltage signals. Diminished cardiac output and decreased contractility.
Pericardial effusions may occur.
Sluggish reflexes
Depression (especially in the elderly)
Anemia caused by impaired hemoglobin synthesis (decreased EPO levels), impaired intestinal iron and folate absorption or B12 deficiency from pernicious anemia
Slowed metabolism
Constipation
**Fatigue (physical)
**anxiety/panic attacks
Choking sensation or difficulty swallowing
Shortness of breath with a shallow and slow respiratory pattern.
Impaired ventilatory responses to hypercapnia and hypoxia.
**Increased need for sleep
**Muscle cramps and joint pain
**Brittle fingernails
Paleness
**Irritability
**Abnormal menstrual cycles

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ever check to see if your allergies give you a headache?

Courtney said...

i think it could be related but i'm not sure. it tends to be 2 different types of headaches if i do get them, migraines, and allergy types. its hard to get doctors to explain things, you know? my allergist did say that allergies could lead to that. I'm getting immunosuppressant therapy for my allergies.

Site Meter