About this Blog

~Hi, my name is Courtney. I was a full time college student, starting to be a dancer, and used to work with kids part time, living on my own until my illness disabled me.
~I became sick in 2005. I created this blog in the summer of 2006 to record my "headache" diary and to see if anyone finds it interesting.
~12/2006 I lost my job then after, failed a year of college.
~2/2007 Dx Lyme Disease with Bartonella: prescribed 8 months of oral antibiotics. I'm not even sure if I ever had the Lyme Disease.
~11/2007 The doctor took me off medicines while I was still improving but not fully recovered.
~6/2008 Dx Chiari I Malformation by a neurosurgeon in Beverly Hills.
~8/2008 Decompression and Lamenectomy helped 80% of my problems.
~2/2009 Dx Hypermobility by an Orthopedic Surgeon/School Doc: Started PT, dancing, going to school and working.
~6/2009 Started working full time as an Infant-Toddler teacher, which requires lifting. Dancing part time, maybe I'll finish school eventually...lol
~12/2009 Dx Chronic Sinusitis: Stopped dancing due to constant infections.
~2/2010 Sinus Surgery & complication: Severe Epistaxis: Became severely anemic.
~3/2010: Dx Ehlers Danlos Syndrome: by Geneticist
~4/2011: Switched jobs, now work at a Pre-K teacher for 3 and 4 year olds. Less lifting!
~5/2011: Started PT and exercising again

Wednesday, October 04, 2006

10-4-06

"I was feeling good lately. Working with the kids well and stuff. I had 2 episodes of something since my last entry. I can't really remember what it was like but I think I was too tired both times. Yesterday I didn't eat well in the morning. I woke up late and missed my doctors apointments. I wanted Jamba Juice but ended up having pretzels and a plum. It was hard for me in dance class to do the jumps. too much workout. Later I ate Taco Bell. Then I got really hungry at work. Like low-blood-sugar hungry. I ate my chicken in the frozen food I have and drank ice water. I wasnt having a hard time except that.
During the drive home my neck burned and weakened where my head was too heavy for my neck, again. I was out of it. Steph said she was going to cook but didn't so I ate a quesadilla. I wanted to eat more and even go out to eat but then I became unreasonably tired again. I tried to do my studies and it became extreemly difficult. Writing, and focusing, and reading. It was so irritating that I threw everything out of my backback and kicked it on the floor. It's times like these that I get down because i have a desire and great want to achieve many things but I feel that my body can't get me there. I think of the future and how I can only do a limited amount of things. I can't do things that I want like the average person.
I went to bed at 9:30 completly exhausted. It was difficult to sleep. I had many vivid dreams and woke up several times. I ended waking up at 7:30 to get ready for school.
Every day it takes me a while to wake up.
My nausia has gone away but every once in a while I have to gag and geel like throwing up.
My headaches havn't been a problem recently since I've been avoiding places that might trigger them and have been trying to maintian my blood sugar. I open the windo all the way in Mike's car. Thats the only time I feel slightly nautious but it's not too bad.
I feel pretty tired right now. I drak coffee and ate a muffin. I was gonna get Jamba but it was too cold. I'm late for class again. I forgot to turn my alarm on.
I also feel forgetful. Like my attention span is short."

1 comment:

Courtney said...

fakir005:
i'm usually very happy. I do let the doctor help me. Don't get me wrong. this is just my Headache Diary. Also, a support thing, maybe someone else feels like I do. There are alot of people who have chronic problems, etc, My mother is one of them. She has fibromyalgia.
With doctors you have to be extreemly patient. And rembember your ailments. I have a hard time doing that, thus the blog.

Site Meter