About this Blog

~Hi, my name is Courtney. I was a full time college student, starting to be a dancer, and used to work with kids part time, living on my own until my illness disabled me.
~I became sick in 2005. I created this blog in the summer of 2006 to record my "headache" diary and to see if anyone finds it interesting.
~12/2006 I lost my job then after, failed a year of college.
~2/2007 Dx Lyme Disease with Bartonella: prescribed 8 months of oral antibiotics. I'm not even sure if I ever had the Lyme Disease.
~11/2007 The doctor took me off medicines while I was still improving but not fully recovered.
~6/2008 Dx Chiari I Malformation by a neurosurgeon in Beverly Hills.
~8/2008 Decompression and Lamenectomy helped 80% of my problems.
~2/2009 Dx Hypermobility by an Orthopedic Surgeon/School Doc: Started PT, dancing, going to school and working.
~6/2009 Started working full time as an Infant-Toddler teacher, which requires lifting. Dancing part time, maybe I'll finish school eventually...lol
~12/2009 Dx Chronic Sinusitis: Stopped dancing due to constant infections.
~2/2010 Sinus Surgery & complication: Severe Epistaxis: Became severely anemic.
~3/2010: Dx Ehlers Danlos Syndrome: by Geneticist
~4/2011: Switched jobs, now work at a Pre-K teacher for 3 and 4 year olds. Less lifting!
~5/2011: Started PT and exercising again

Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Sun Sensitivity

‎"(disclaimer: this is a fb vent sorry ahead of time) I hate my body seriously. 20 min in the sun ruins the rest of my night. My head feels like its boiling inside. This is no typical migraine cuz wouldnt the migraine meds kill it?"


TC: "Dehydrated, when I'm dehydrated nothing helps but a nap and tons of water"


NW: "i dont go in the sun for any exposed time, our family is full of skin cancer stay inside its better for you!"


JE: "I know!! :D put an ice pack over your eyes and eye brows, doing this will clear your vision. Heat up a rice bag and put it on your neck and upper back, relaxes the muscles therefore improving blood flow, hot shower will do the same. Another good one is get a neck massage, relaxes your tense muscles and finding the knots in your neck to relax will give it ease and try heading to bed in a dark quiet room, it will remove any of the lingering effects and the associated side effects :)"


CW: "Apparently photosensitivity is associated with lupus... Hmmm..."


CW: "Also i dont know anyone else who gets this bad a reaction from the sun...."


SG: "I was diagnosed with lupus, its extremely hard to diagnose and in most cases not all is accompanied by a skin rash of sorts the meds suck and made me feel worse then the lupus so though it would help to get a diagnoses and you can have a normal day to day life I really hope you don't have it lady and what ever is wrong is fixable with more tolerable meds"


SG: "If hot enough the sun makes me nauseous and screws with my breathing and eyesight but nothing like you are experiencing"


CW: "It doesnt have to be hot. cuz i can handle the heat ok if i stay in the shade."

AS: "I have been having a lot of headaches too lately..I will have to go get checked out..when I get them they get bad the one I got tonight made me throw up...usually I just sleep and they go away"

SN: "Sun does that to me too. I get a headache almost right away in the sun >_< Then you get dizzy and weak. Then nauseous and then you want to jump off the roof of your apt b/c you feel like you are getting slammed in the temple and/or forehead with one of those spike balls lit on fire. It sucks. I'm sorry :( Never go outside w/o sunglasses. The moment the sun hits your eyes it is just a matter of time until the migraine comes."

No comments:

Site Meter