About this Blog

~Hi, my name is Courtney. I was a full time college student, starting to be a dancer, and used to work with kids part time, living on my own until my illness disabled me.
~I became sick in 2005. I created this blog in the summer of 2006 to record my "headache" diary and to see if anyone finds it interesting.
~12/2006 I lost my job then after, failed a year of college.
~2/2007 Dx Lyme Disease with Bartonella: prescribed 8 months of oral antibiotics. I'm not even sure if I ever had the Lyme Disease.
~11/2007 The doctor took me off medicines while I was still improving but not fully recovered.
~6/2008 Dx Chiari I Malformation by a neurosurgeon in Beverly Hills.
~8/2008 Decompression and Lamenectomy helped 80% of my problems.
~2/2009 Dx Hypermobility by an Orthopedic Surgeon/School Doc: Started PT, dancing, going to school and working.
~6/2009 Started working full time as an Infant-Toddler teacher, which requires lifting. Dancing part time, maybe I'll finish school eventually...lol
~12/2009 Dx Chronic Sinusitis: Stopped dancing due to constant infections.
~2/2010 Sinus Surgery & complication: Severe Epistaxis: Became severely anemic.
~3/2010: Dx Ehlers Danlos Syndrome: by Geneticist
~4/2011: Switched jobs, now work at a Pre-K teacher for 3 and 4 year olds. Less lifting!
~5/2011: Started PT and exercising again

Wednesday, June 18, 2008

so its official


(note this is not an mri of MY brain) diagnosed today. i have chiari's. ugh! i was hoping it was something i could fix :-( i have chiari malformation. i'm seeing a doctor in beverly hills recomended by a friend. i'm getting some more mri's done in two weeks because he will be out of town.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is EXACTLY how I felt! I feel your pain


Rachel in PA
Decompressed 1/7/08
Being tested for Syringomyelia currently

Anonymous said...

Welcome to the Chiarian family!!!! We are glad you came!! I've been decompressed since 1989 so if I can help in any way, just ask!! Kathy in the UP

Anonymous said...

Yeah...I hear ya, I once hoped for that too.I was DX'd 9 yrs ago I have had 2 decompressions .it was tough for a while but life goes on & we do get through it.Some people are lucky enough that they are able to treat theirs with meds and don't need the surgery.Everyone is different.I wish you the best of luck in getting the help you need.
Kathy

Anonymous said...

What are they saying? What are they saying needs done! Let me know!

Courtney said...

so far its borderline chiari. i just got mri of my neck. so in two weeks i'm
getting mri on my brain and mid back. my symptoms are managable at this
point. but we'll see what kind of damage when we get the mri's. i have been
able to manage everything so far and have been improving a little at a time.
i'm now starting to exercize. a little only. i really want to dance so i'm
going to try it on saturday but favoring my neck alot. so we'll see. i was
just hoping it was something i could get better with physical therapy.

Anonymous said...

You dance? I own a dance school and
Trying to teach and get back to my own
Dancing is rough sometimes after decompression
Surgery last year. I wish you the best of luck!
Keep dancing *** lynda

Anonymous said...

You can fix it through surgery!!!!

Site Meter