About this Blog

~Hi, my name is Courtney. I was a full time college student, starting to be a dancer, and used to work with kids part time, living on my own until my illness disabled me.
~I became sick in 2005. I created this blog in the summer of 2006 to record my "headache" diary and to see if anyone finds it interesting.
~12/2006 I lost my job then after, failed a year of college.
~2/2007 Dx Lyme Disease with Bartonella: prescribed 8 months of oral antibiotics. I'm not even sure if I ever had the Lyme Disease.
~11/2007 The doctor took me off medicines while I was still improving but not fully recovered.
~6/2008 Dx Chiari I Malformation by a neurosurgeon in Beverly Hills.
~8/2008 Decompression and Lamenectomy helped 80% of my problems.
~2/2009 Dx Hypermobility by an Orthopedic Surgeon/School Doc: Started PT, dancing, going to school and working.
~6/2009 Started working full time as an Infant-Toddler teacher, which requires lifting. Dancing part time, maybe I'll finish school eventually...lol
~12/2009 Dx Chronic Sinusitis: Stopped dancing due to constant infections.
~2/2010 Sinus Surgery & complication: Severe Epistaxis: Became severely anemic.
~3/2010: Dx Ehlers Danlos Syndrome: by Geneticist
~4/2011: Switched jobs, now work at a Pre-K teacher for 3 and 4 year olds. Less lifting!
~5/2011: Started PT and exercising again

Monday, March 31, 2008

first aid bag


when i start school i want to have all the things i need to get through the day with me.

list the things that you would bring with you i'll start

1) instant ice packs

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

bandaids with polysporin cream
condoms (the ultimate first aid of safety)

Anonymous said...

Secret stash of pain meds
Snack

Anonymous said...

manicure set
heel scrubber
favourite body cream
stockpile of fictional books so you can rest your mind.

Anonymous said...

cell phone
bandages
antibiotic cream
tweezers
nail clippers/nail file
snack (for low blood sugar)
OTC pain relievers

Anonymous said...

Bottle of water

Anonymous said...

instant heat therapy patches
Swiss medica 024 wipes

Courtney said...

any more specific for your condition like if you had a flare while you were out?

Anonymous said...

Instant ice pack
Those Ace Heat Wraps
Comfortable shoes(for days when you have to dress up)
Secret stash of meds/pain meds
Sunglasses(for those of us w/ brain fog :D )
Banaids
Neosporin
Prep Pads(alhocol(?) prep pads)
I.C.E phone # list
Xtra cellphone batteries

Anonymous said...

Here's what I have...contents vary by what's going on that day

A sweater
Gatorade/water
Snack
Meds
Bandaids
Braces (if needed)
Phone/ID/etc
A book or Nintendo
iPod
small doll or stuffed animal
Wet wipes
Mints

Anonymous said...

-Tiger Balm
-Biofreeze
-OTC and RX meds
-water
-small snack to keep the meds from upsetting your tummy, and to help keep the blood sugar in check. Don't want to cause a flare 'cause of low sugar!
-tummy meds (I have Immodium, Gas-x, and Tums with me all the time) since my flares tend to include IBS flare-up too!

Anonymous said...

anything that you need personally for your medical issues.

For me this is:
My migraine injection kit (ampules, needles, syringes, sharps container, alcohol wipes, EMLA cream, Anti-Bruise cream, bandaids).
Meds - in a container with enough of ALL of my meds (including all the onles I only occasionally take) for day or two.
Bandaids.
Aspro/ Panadol.
Book (It goes everywhere I do).
My phone.
My PDA (with all contact details).
Any braces and things I might need (such as a sling (it goes everywhere I do), my crutches are in the car).
Jumper (as I have issues sometimes with temperature)
Water Bottle.
Snacks.
Bandage.

I am sure there are more things too (I can't use ice due to my RSD, so this is out).

Site Meter