About this Blog

~Hi, my name is Courtney. I was a full time college student, starting to be a dancer, and used to work with kids part time, living on my own until my illness disabled me.
~I became sick in 2005. I created this blog in the summer of 2006 to record my "headache" diary and to see if anyone finds it interesting.
~12/2006 I lost my job then after, failed a year of college.
~2/2007 Dx Lyme Disease with Bartonella: prescribed 8 months of oral antibiotics. I'm not even sure if I ever had the Lyme Disease.
~11/2007 The doctor took me off medicines while I was still improving but not fully recovered.
~6/2008 Dx Chiari I Malformation by a neurosurgeon in Beverly Hills.
~8/2008 Decompression and Lamenectomy helped 80% of my problems.
~2/2009 Dx Hypermobility by an Orthopedic Surgeon/School Doc: Started PT, dancing, going to school and working.
~6/2009 Started working full time as an Infant-Toddler teacher, which requires lifting. Dancing part time, maybe I'll finish school eventually...lol
~12/2009 Dx Chronic Sinusitis: Stopped dancing due to constant infections.
~2/2010 Sinus Surgery & complication: Severe Epistaxis: Became severely anemic.
~3/2010: Dx Ehlers Danlos Syndrome: by Geneticist
~4/2011: Switched jobs, now work at a Pre-K teacher for 3 and 4 year olds. Less lifting!
~5/2011: Started PT and exercising again

Thursday, October 25, 2007

no more antibiotics

been off antibiotics for aweek now. i feel like i did like 9 months after i think i got sick. doc thinks i still feel bad because antibiotics are like poisons. if you didnt know my illness began a steady incline about 2 years ago and i started treatment in february.

i felt crappy tonight but i'mpretty functional besides the post traumatic stress from the whole thing and occasional crappiness (every other day to every day). and i just started jogging around my small block. my goal is by tuesday to be able to run around comfortably once. and next week move to twice around.

any advice? i'm telling my doc tomorrow that i still feelcrappy. i def wouldnt be able to work. but if what he is tellingme is right then i'm defintely on my way.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope you are able to be ok without antibiotics. I just posted a similiar thread. I can feel perfect on antibiotics, but when they are withdrawn, within weeks I get paresthesia, muscle twitches, and so on.

Courtney said...

i think that after a few months off antibiotics and still feeling the same i'm going to try the marshall protocal to get rid of anything else you know? plus I dont want to be bit again and then get paralized.

Anonymous said...

Do what you feel is best. I personally would stay the course with a well tolerated cycline antibiotic. I don't believe people feel "Lyme sick" as a result of antibiotics. I believe ongoing infection is likely the cause of continued symptoms. That's just my opinion though.

Courtney said...

yeah.i.have.a.gut.feeling.that.i'm.still.infected!!!

Anonymous said...

I feel about 90% at the moment after a little more than a year on the MP. It worked for me in ways traditional antibiotic therapy did not. I'm off taking trips, going out, even running again. I can't recommend it enough.

F.

Courtney said...

i'm like at 80% but its going down again. but you know i feel like every time i get better i realize just how bad i was feeling before.

Fara who did you go to to start the marshall protocal?

Anonymous said...

My GP, but the site has a doctors list if you write to them they'll get it for you, if you are interested.

F.

Courtney said...

went to the doctor today and he said i probably have mercury poisoning. we'll see in 2 weeks when the blood tests for metals gets back (finally he tests me!) anyways i dunno.

Anonymous said...

Like as in 'new merc poisoning' or you've had it all along? Geez! Hope that's easy to deal with and quick for you. I read about these foot soaks you can do that take all the metals out of your system through your feet!

Good luck!

Traci

Anonymous said...

Mercury poisoning? Whoa! Where and how would that happen? Hope you feel better and the physician finds out more.

Anonymous said...

I'd like to know more about that Mercury poisoning too! How are you "Beautiful Disgrace"?

Courtney said...

i'm doing okay i guess. lots of anxiety and post traumatic stress issues though. i'm filing for disability on thursday because of it. it is almost a year since i lost my job. i'm only at 75 - 80 percent better and doc took me off meds. i will see test results next week and im pretty sure my levels are fine and i'm still infected. so i want to get him to treat me with the marshall protocol. if he doesnt then i'm moving on! i barely go to school cuz i daze in and out all the time. right before i got sick my grandma suffered from fatal cancer but survived and i survived a traumatic childhood all the way through high school and a few years after. so now life in general is good at the moment as good as it can be and the stress and dazing out alot kicks in... i was taking some zoloft but i think it increased my anxiety.

Site Meter