About this Blog

~Hi, my name is Courtney. I was a full time college student, starting to be a dancer, and used to work with kids part time, living on my own until my illness disabled me.
~I became sick in 2005. I created this blog in the summer of 2006 to record my "headache" diary and to see if anyone finds it interesting.
~12/2006 I lost my job then after, failed a year of college.
~2/2007 Dx Lyme Disease with Bartonella: prescribed 8 months of oral antibiotics. I'm not even sure if I ever had the Lyme Disease.
~11/2007 The doctor took me off medicines while I was still improving but not fully recovered.
~6/2008 Dx Chiari I Malformation by a neurosurgeon in Beverly Hills.
~8/2008 Decompression and Lamenectomy helped 80% of my problems.
~2/2009 Dx Hypermobility by an Orthopedic Surgeon/School Doc: Started PT, dancing, going to school and working.
~6/2009 Started working full time as an Infant-Toddler teacher, which requires lifting. Dancing part time, maybe I'll finish school eventually...lol
~12/2009 Dx Chronic Sinusitis: Stopped dancing due to constant infections.
~2/2010 Sinus Surgery & complication: Severe Epistaxis: Became severely anemic.
~3/2010: Dx Ehlers Danlos Syndrome: by Geneticist
~4/2011: Switched jobs, now work at a Pre-K teacher for 3 and 4 year olds. Less lifting!
~5/2011: Started PT and exercising again

Sunday, April 08, 2007

getting worse

i have a really stiff neck. barely can move it and pins and needles all through my spine and bones, my right arm keeps falling asleep also.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hope that you are still leaving blogs ... you have everything that a chronic lyme patient has. Lyme and bartonella are just the two you have been tested for. You have all the classical signs. Depending upon where you live ... contact the lyme disease society on line and get a LLMD referral. Do not play around with this disease. Yes, your symptoms come and go ... that is what is making you feel like you are going crazy. Antibiotics will make you feel worse ... hence the herx reaction. It will also give you terrible depression and anxiety couple with terrible insomnia. You probably have an immune disorder going on and also thyroid and hormone issues. Don't get pregnant until you are treated. My son was born with congenital lyme disease. Remember every patient is different. You will have many other different symptoms compared to the people you have read about. Don't doubt yourself. Take your antibiotics and other therapies and then consider going to see an integrative doctor to help you over the hump with alternative treatments. Antibiotics are the beginning stages of the treatment ... take them on time and do not miss a dose. Blessings to you.

Site Meter