About this Blog

~Hi, my name is Courtney. I was a full time college student, starting to be a dancer, and used to work with kids part time, living on my own until my illness disabled me.
~I became sick in 2005. I created this blog in the summer of 2006 to record my "headache" diary and to see if anyone finds it interesting.
~12/2006 I lost my job then after, failed a year of college.
~2/2007 Dx Lyme Disease with Bartonella: prescribed 8 months of oral antibiotics. I'm not even sure if I ever had the Lyme Disease.
~11/2007 The doctor took me off medicines while I was still improving but not fully recovered.
~6/2008 Dx Chiari I Malformation by a neurosurgeon in Beverly Hills.
~8/2008 Decompression and Lamenectomy helped 80% of my problems.
~2/2009 Dx Hypermobility by an Orthopedic Surgeon/School Doc: Started PT, dancing, going to school and working.
~6/2009 Started working full time as an Infant-Toddler teacher, which requires lifting. Dancing part time, maybe I'll finish school eventually...lol
~12/2009 Dx Chronic Sinusitis: Stopped dancing due to constant infections.
~2/2010 Sinus Surgery & complication: Severe Epistaxis: Became severely anemic.
~3/2010: Dx Ehlers Danlos Syndrome: by Geneticist
~4/2011: Switched jobs, now work at a Pre-K teacher for 3 and 4 year olds. Less lifting!
~5/2011: Started PT and exercising again

Sunday, March 11, 2007

Lymie Headaches

I've heard you guys mention this headache that you all get. would you guys describe it?

I remember complaining to my first doctor about headaches and he just said they were migraines when I knew they werent because i actually did get migraines in high school and randomly still did but this headache was different. went to a different doctor who said it was tension and i needed to see a therapist (neither of these doctors listened to my other symptoms cuz i was crying that i wasnt feeling well so they just thought i was depressed)

anyways, it would be nice to hear some different descriptions...

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pressure, stabbing, especially in response to light or sound sensitivity. The pain can radiate from the sinuses, jaw, teeth, or inside the head in any particular spot you can think of. Migraines "would" be a symptom of possible Lyme Disease. If already diagnosed with Lyme Disease, it's not a far leap to say the Lyme is responsible.

Anonymous said...

Since Ive been sick, I have had a headahce tha feels like my head is smacking a brick wall...

Its pounding, pulsing, throbinng, crushing, and horriffic.

It sometimes can feel like a tight rope is around your head too.

I am on about 20 different pain killers for this- it hardly works!!

I lay all day with a heat pad on it, that helps, but not really either.

Anonymous said...

I used to never get headaches - since I started the massive Amoxy doses - I have had a headache for the past week - kinda moves up from my sinus' into behind my eyes - then feels like a tight band squeezing around my head.

but that's just me.

Anonymous said...

Hi Courtney,
I live with the Lyme headaches. Sometimes they come and go but mostly stay. Low grade headaches for me. I am not sure but I think it has something to do with my spine and neck.....They are no fun...Do you have sinus problems as well? Linda

Courtney said...

yes i do have sinus problems. right now i have a headache. ive gotten this type since the begining of last summer. like a tight band around my head but starts in my sinuses. it leads to a migraine if i don't take care of it. and i feel pressure behind my eyes.

Anonymous said...

I also experience the headaches. They are primarily low grade, but dull and achey, and they increase in frequency and intensity the more stressed my body is and the longer I stay awake. My illness requires a strict schedule in order to keep symptoms at their lowest.

Site Meter