About this Blog

~Hi, my name is Courtney. I was a full time college student, starting to be a dancer, and used to work with kids part time, living on my own until my illness disabled me.
~I became sick in 2005. I created this blog in the summer of 2006 to record my "headache" diary and to see if anyone finds it interesting.
~12/2006 I lost my job then after, failed a year of college.
~2/2007 Dx Lyme Disease with Bartonella: prescribed 8 months of oral antibiotics. I'm not even sure if I ever had the Lyme Disease.
~11/2007 The doctor took me off medicines while I was still improving but not fully recovered.
~6/2008 Dx Chiari I Malformation by a neurosurgeon in Beverly Hills.
~8/2008 Decompression and Lamenectomy helped 80% of my problems.
~2/2009 Dx Hypermobility by an Orthopedic Surgeon/School Doc: Started PT, dancing, going to school and working.
~6/2009 Started working full time as an Infant-Toddler teacher, which requires lifting. Dancing part time, maybe I'll finish school eventually...lol
~12/2009 Dx Chronic Sinusitis: Stopped dancing due to constant infections.
~2/2010 Sinus Surgery & complication: Severe Epistaxis: Became severely anemic.
~3/2010: Dx Ehlers Danlos Syndrome: by Geneticist
~4/2011: Switched jobs, now work at a Pre-K teacher for 3 and 4 year olds. Less lifting!
~5/2011: Started PT and exercising again

Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Low Temp

anyone ever get a low temperature when they feel ill? well i do, but i dont know if its all the time or what but my temp falls to about 95.0 when i wake after sleeping for some time and rises a bit to 97.0

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have been told it is a sign of infection in immunocompromised people...

Courtney said...

how lame. my previous doctor said that your body does what it can to fight an infection but my bio teacher said that its a reaction to having a fever. glad i'm not the only one. i'm begining to think i have POTS. I looked it up and there were a few symptoms on there that i have that explains a little more than CFS. i'm trying some salt more to see if it helps. im not gonna go crazy or anything. i see the doctor thursday. does anyone find that a good doctor who understands fibro wont understand another invisible disease? the doctor is a fibro expert with an outpatient fibro clinic and everything. and hes a rheumy and a gp. another doc in the same office is a rheumy and an internist

Anonymous said...

have you guys been checked for hypothyroidism? it causes low temperatures at night.

Courtney said...

yes. my levels are fine. i've had blood work and a cat scan and thyroid test. all basic but everything is fine. i usually have low blood pressure but not too low cuz i guess they would say something.

Site Meter