About this Blog

~Hi, my name is Courtney. I was a full time college student, starting to be a dancer, and used to work with kids part time, living on my own until my illness disabled me.
~I became sick in 2005. I created this blog in the summer of 2006 to record my "headache" diary and to see if anyone finds it interesting.
~12/2006 I lost my job then after, failed a year of college.
~2/2007 Dx Lyme Disease with Bartonella: prescribed 8 months of oral antibiotics. I'm not even sure if I ever had the Lyme Disease.
~11/2007 The doctor took me off medicines while I was still improving but not fully recovered.
~6/2008 Dx Chiari I Malformation by a neurosurgeon in Beverly Hills.
~8/2008 Decompression and Lamenectomy helped 80% of my problems.
~2/2009 Dx Hypermobility by an Orthopedic Surgeon/School Doc: Started PT, dancing, going to school and working.
~6/2009 Started working full time as an Infant-Toddler teacher, which requires lifting. Dancing part time, maybe I'll finish school eventually...lol
~12/2009 Dx Chronic Sinusitis: Stopped dancing due to constant infections.
~2/2010 Sinus Surgery & complication: Severe Epistaxis: Became severely anemic.
~3/2010: Dx Ehlers Danlos Syndrome: by Geneticist
~4/2011: Switched jobs, now work at a Pre-K teacher for 3 and 4 year olds. Less lifting!
~5/2011: Started PT and exercising again

Thursday, February 25, 2010

feeling good today suprise suprise

today i felt pretty good. first time in a long time that has happened, I ususally push through the day thinking about how it sucks to have to push through the whole day and not be able to function practically after work and thank God i live with my parents these days so I dont have as much as far as house work goes as i used to... yesterday i went back to work. it was raining and all my joints were hurting. I was feeling a little weak and my hips both felt like they were gonna fall out. But by the end of the day I was feeling much better and actually rejuvenated. Last night I felt well enough to shower (not that I dont shower) and feel happy with my night sleeping soundly. usually im having to pass out with pain meds, find something random to eat and use a heat back or ice on my back through the night depending on whats hurting.
in the middle of the night though i woke up so i went on teh computer. I leaned on my shoulders too much which caused me some pain. My sinuses were inflamed slightly so I took some ibiprofun.
When I dont get enough rest like 8 hours at least at night im usually wanting the rest in the car on the way to work or the hour before work i have to wait until i start. Im usually resting a lot during the day too as much as I can. Today was different.
Maybe its all the prednisone Im on. Maybe its my sinus surgery doing its job. Maybe its because it was a good weather day. Maybe its my antidepressants. we shall see. But more importantly: After a little while Im going to start a regimen of vitamins and such like I did at one point I think in the begining of 2008 to help combat pain and inflamation. it will be like a dubble wammy on all this crap.

No comments:

Site Meter