About this Blog

~Hi, my name is Courtney. I was a full time college student, starting to be a dancer, and used to work with kids part time, living on my own until my illness disabled me.
~I became sick in 2005. I created this blog in the summer of 2006 to record my "headache" diary and to see if anyone finds it interesting.
~12/2006 I lost my job then after, failed a year of college.
~2/2007 Dx Lyme Disease with Bartonella: prescribed 8 months of oral antibiotics. I'm not even sure if I ever had the Lyme Disease.
~11/2007 The doctor took me off medicines while I was still improving but not fully recovered.
~6/2008 Dx Chiari I Malformation by a neurosurgeon in Beverly Hills.
~8/2008 Decompression and Lamenectomy helped 80% of my problems.
~2/2009 Dx Hypermobility by an Orthopedic Surgeon/School Doc: Started PT, dancing, going to school and working.
~6/2009 Started working full time as an Infant-Toddler teacher, which requires lifting. Dancing part time, maybe I'll finish school eventually...lol
~12/2009 Dx Chronic Sinusitis: Stopped dancing due to constant infections.
~2/2010 Sinus Surgery & complication: Severe Epistaxis: Became severely anemic.
~3/2010: Dx Ehlers Danlos Syndrome: by Geneticist
~4/2011: Switched jobs, now work at a Pre-K teacher for 3 and 4 year olds. Less lifting!
~5/2011: Started PT and exercising again

Monday, March 22, 2010

Pleased to Announce

only a spoonie would say that as the title..lol

I officially have the EDS diagnosis. I got some bloodwork on collagen and Im going in for an Echocardiogram sometime soon. Its not totally important to do right away so thats good.

Im blessed with some pretty good doctors at Kaiser.

4 comments:

elise said...

Hi Courtney,

Well, you aren't alone if that helps.

There are lots of us out here. Check out the Ehlers-Danlos National Foundation. They helped me tremendously! There is also an upcoming learning conference in July that is focused on all aspects of EDS and geared to the average person. I can't wait! The one in Houston in 2008 (every other year) was life-changing. You can find more info on the EDNF web site (early registration cost less!).

There are a lot of us on Facebook too if you have an account. Just search for EDS and we'll pop up.

Feel free to contact me if you have any questions. Sounds like you are pretty aware of your body and are in good care but there are always things that clinicians can't answer.

My blog has links to blogs from other EDSers, plus others I like. Check it out.

Gentle hugs,
elise

Courtney said...

HI Elise,
I will be at the conference :) Can't wait to meet everyone!

elise said...

Hi Courtney,
Yay! I'm glad you'll join the gang in Bethesda next month. Please look around for me and introduce yourself if I don't find you first.
The conference is fun, though can be a bit overwhelming the first time. Don't hesitate to ask questions and to take some time out - both are important!
Just about everyone there has EDS in some form and to some degree, so we'll all be trying to manage excitement, pleasure at seeing good friends/making new ones, and sheer fatigue from lots of info and input. So, I guess the point again, is that you're not alone! :)
Will you be traveling with someone? That can make things a bit easier. You are lucky in that Jet Blue goes direct from Long Beach to DC. I'm flying Southwest from Sacramento to Baltimore (closest airport to Bethesda).
Thanks again for your note and I can't wait to meet you!!!
~e

worldamazingfacts said...

You are lucky in that Jet Blue goes direct from Long Beach to DC.

Site Meter