About this Blog

~Hi, my name is Courtney. I was a full time college student, starting to be a dancer, and used to work with kids part time, living on my own until my illness disabled me.
~I became sick in 2005. I created this blog in the summer of 2006 to record my "headache" diary and to see if anyone finds it interesting.
~12/2006 I lost my job then after, failed a year of college.
~2/2007 Dx Lyme Disease with Bartonella: prescribed 8 months of oral antibiotics. I'm not even sure if I ever had the Lyme Disease.
~11/2007 The doctor took me off medicines while I was still improving but not fully recovered.
~6/2008 Dx Chiari I Malformation by a neurosurgeon in Beverly Hills.
~8/2008 Decompression and Lamenectomy helped 80% of my problems.
~2/2009 Dx Hypermobility by an Orthopedic Surgeon/School Doc: Started PT, dancing, going to school and working.
~6/2009 Started working full time as an Infant-Toddler teacher, which requires lifting. Dancing part time, maybe I'll finish school eventually...lol
~12/2009 Dx Chronic Sinusitis: Stopped dancing due to constant infections.
~2/2010 Sinus Surgery & complication: Severe Epistaxis: Became severely anemic.
~3/2010: Dx Ehlers Danlos Syndrome: by Geneticist
~4/2011: Switched jobs, now work at a Pre-K teacher for 3 and 4 year olds. Less lifting!
~5/2011: Started PT and exercising again

Tuesday, September 09, 2008

finding the right therapist


its so hard to keep a therapist it seems.
i had a great therapist , though it seemed as if i wasnt growing any i felt supported in a lot of ways, and she worked with alot of people with health conditions,but she wasn't flexible in her scheduling. i could only afford to go every other week but she couldnt do it, and when i lost my insurance and then got it again, i called and it took her a while to actually tell me she was too booked. so searched for another. the thing i liked about her was there wasnt alot of pressure. i felt safe if i made a mistake. i just didnt like it when she eyed the clock. i get why but its just annoying.

the next therapist i was seeing was great, worked with anxiety disorders and ptsd. the first 3-4 weeks were great. but the last time i saw her i was late and i felt really uncomfortable as if she was frustrated with me. i found she was guiding my thoughts too much at times. i decided to forgive her for just being a normal person, she had a bad day or something, its understandable. I was excited to show her my progress when i returned next week. But I find I got a phone call about a bounced check (yes i bounced a check) but that i also had a 50 dollar fee for the bounced check. i didnt know anything about these kind of fees in the beginning. i feel like i become vulnerable with a therapist, she should set ground rules in the begining not get frustrated afterwards. ti just hurts.

so now i'm off to find a new therapist, i need to make a list of things i need in a therapist and interview them before i accept. im not AS needy of one now as I was before. i just hate starting over from the beginning. so annoying

My FAVORITE therapist of all time was when I was living in a group home during high school. He was awesome. I felt he understood the misunderstood and thats what i want. he really helped me alot. thats why when he left and i changed homes i crashed quickly. But the things i learned from that home i will always take with me and i believe have made me a better person.

No comments:

Site Meter